Thursday, May 5, 2011

Almost A Pair - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Almost A Pair
5x7 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 I have to admit I came up with the title for this painting well before painting it. It came to me the other day while preparing lunch for my daughter (18 months). I had cut up about a half of pear for her, and, when I looked at the other half laying on the cutting board the title popped into my head. I knew I had to paint it, so today I got the left over pear out of the crisper draw and set up this still life. I tried a few different things for the background but really liked the idea of the plate and painted tin top since it sort of played off the title as well with both objects being circular.

 

Visit my web site and blog to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com


No comments:

Post a Comment