Thursday, May 12, 2011

At Least There's Cheese - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

At Least There's Cheese
5x7 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

When I saw this broccoli in the store, I was struck by the wonderful color in it. Full of greens, blues, and purples, I had to buy it to paint. I knew I didn't want a lot of other items in the painting so I could concentrate of the broccoli. Still, the set up needed something else to give it a bit more color and to contrast the organic shape of the broccoli. And what goes better with broccoli than cheese? This was a nice painting for a couple of reasons.  First, there was the result of the painting itself.  Secondly, it solved my dinner dilemma for the night. Two birds with one stone, I guess.

Visit my web site and blog to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com

No comments:

Post a Comment