Monday, May 2, 2011

Oranges with Glazed Clay - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Oranges with Glazed Clay
5x7 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

I've had some problems with my ankle and have needed to stay off of it for a few days, so right before the weekend, my wife and I went to the local thrift store looking for crutches. It turns out, thrift stores are flush with barely used crutches. So with that task conquered,  I just had to look around for some new still life items. Among the new finds is this great glazed clay pot that I just couldn't pass up. I like how it is dark, yet colorful. I'm not sure why, but as soon as I bought it, I pictured using it with a few oranges. I've also been thinking about trying to plant a few bright flowers in it that would really pop against the dark glaze. I guess that contrast is I thought oranges would look good, too.

 

Visit my web site and blog to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com


No comments:

Post a Comment