Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cascading Zinnias - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Cascading Zinnias
8x10 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 Yesterday my wife and I took a walk to the nursery right up the street from where we live. We wanted to add some new flowers for our garden. Feeling confident with our new-found ability in keeping flowers growing and alive we walked around the whole nursery looking at all of the possibilities. After about an hour, it was time to make some decisions. In our minds, we must have picked out about 30 plants, but we had to narrow that down a bit. For one thing, our garden isn't big enough for all of those plants. Plus, we walked there and would have to carry back what ever we bought. After a bit of a debate, we settled on 5 or 6 plants, plus two new strawberry plants to help rebuilt our crop after a harsh winter did most of them in.  Once we had them home, I couldn't wait to paint them. I brought them straight into the studio and set up my still life. Once the painting was done, we took them all outside and picked out planters for them, transplanted them and set them in the garden. I'm already looking forward to painting this new batch some more as they grow and continue to bloom (here's hoping).

 

Visit my web site and blog to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com


No comments:

Post a Comment