Wednesday, May 4, 2011

American Beauty - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

American Beauty
9x12 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

With this painting, I really wanted to work on sky and clouds, so I looked through some of my photo reference from a trip my wife and I took to Port Aransas. I remember the clouds being very full on this trip, which is perfect for my goals. After an hour or so of looking at my reference, I settled on 2 images, one for the sky and one for the boat and water. After working on a few thumbnail images to work out my composition and figuring out how to combine my images, it was time to paint.  I gave myself two days to work on this painting for a couple of reasons.  Primarily, I spent the whole morning looking at images and doing thumbnails so I didn't think I could finish it in one afternoon.  I was really able to relax and paint slowly, which was a prime advantage of my timeline. At the end of the day, I was a little surprised to see that it was just about done. The only thing left to do today was to finish the water, add the masting to the boat, and make a few corrections to yesterday's work.

Visit my web site and blog to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com

No comments:

Post a Comment