Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lures - An original oil painting by George De Chiara

Lures
6x6 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.
 
For Christmas this year, my wife gave me a new tackle box. It was a much-needed gift since my last one was being kept closed with rope and twine. After 20 plus years it's served me well, but it was time to retire it. So it was with great delight that I opened my new tackle box, but the real treat was that she actually filled the whole thing with tackle. She knows how much I like to paint my lures as well as use them to fish and managed to find a nice collection of used lures to fill the new tackle box with. The old ones are just so much better to paint. Each little nick and scrape adds so much character and makes them more enjoyable to paint.

To see step-by-step images of the process for this painting visit my blog - http://georgedechiara.com/blog
To see more of my work visit my websitehttp://georgedechiara.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment