Friday, February 3, 2012

Cold Drinks - An original oil painting by George De Chiara

Cold Drinks
6x8 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 This was painted at the Fort Worth Stockyards. I must have been there ten times in the last few months, but I've never noticed this little vending booth tucked in along sidewalk. I was struck by its bright colors against the dull buildings and quickly set up my easel so I could paint it. About three minutes into the painting, the vendor suddenly closed the upper flaps and walked away. Hmm... what to do now? I thought about just painting it closed up since it still looked interesting and I hadn't gotten too far yet. Luckily, while I debated whether to continue or not, another vendor came by and re-opened for business. Whew! 

To view more of my work visit my website http://georgedechiara.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment