Saturday, February 4, 2012

Snow Irises - A commissioned painting by George De Chiara

Snow Irises
6x6 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

SOLD

One of the reasons I enjoy doing commissioned paintings is I never know what someone will ask me to paint. This request was one of those wonderful surprises - irises in snow. I grew up in cold climates and must have seen scenes like this at the start of every Spring, but I've lived in Texas now for so long that this image just never crosses my mind anymore. That is, until I was asked to paint it by one of my collectors. This turned out to be a bigger challenge then I thought it would be. In the end, I found it easier to paint the flowers making sure I got all the petals in the proper place and then put the snow on top of them. When I just tried to paint the snow with parts of the pedals coming out of it, it never looked right. 

To see a few step-by-step images of the process for this painting visit my bloghttp://georgedechiara.com/blog

To see more of my work visit my websitehttp://georgedechiara.com/
Follow me on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment