Thursday, June 2, 2011

Hazy Afternoon - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Hazy Afternoon
5x7 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

This is one of the pieces I completed for the Waxahachie Plein Air Event this week. I painted this one yesterday after driving around most of the morning looking for something to paint. I'm not sure why, but nothing seemed to really move me until I saw this vista view just past Lake Waxahachie. It was just after noon and the sun was directly overhead causing some great aerial perspective on this view, so I set up in the shade of my car to paint, which offered some relief from the terrible heat of this early June.

 

 I'm not very happy with the photograph of this one. I'll take a better picture once the exhibition is over this weekend. In the mean time, this painting is available at the show and sale starting Friday, June 3rd at Charauqua Auditorium until Sunday, June 5th.


Visit my web site and blog to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com


No comments:

Post a Comment