Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Porch Garden - An Original 8x8 Landscape Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Porch Garden ©
8x8 inches   Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 Just about every summer morning when I walk out my front door, I see these geraniums planted on my neighbor's porch. I'm always struck by the contrast of the flowers and the light background of the house. The sun seems to sneak between the trees just to shine on these flowers. For almost as long as I've noticed these flowers I've thought to myself that they would make a good painting, but for some reason never painted them. Well, that finally changed. After spending the morning looking for something to paint at a few of my local spots I gave up and headed home. The sun was getting hot and nothing seemed very interesting to paint until I again noticed these potted plants on my neighbors porch. It was then I finally knew what I was going to paint (finally)!


    

No comments:

Post a Comment