Monday, July 22, 2013

Cattails - An Original 8x8 Plein Air Landscape Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Cattails ©
8x8 inches   Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

A few weeks ago, we took our daughters to a park to play that we had never been to before. While walking around, I noticed there was a lake at the end of the park. I'm always attracted to the water, so naturally I went to take a closer look. It turned out to be a very small pond with a nice fishing pier and water fountain in the middle. It also had a some very nice cattails growing around it. As I set up to paint, a group of boys came by. They stopped and talked to me for a few minutes and then went over to the pier to fish. While I was finishing up, they came by again to check my progress. One of them asked when I started to paint and I told them I was about their age when I started.

He looked at me and said "What are you now, like 20 something?"
"No," I said, "more like 40 something."
His eyes about bulged out of his head! Boy, do I feel old... 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment