Monday, July 15, 2013

Lake Shore Tree - A New Original 8x8 Plein Air Landscape Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Lake Shore Tree ©
8x8 inches   Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 It's funny how I can go back to a spot that I didn't think would make a good painting and find something to paint. That's what happened here. I've gone to this place several times and almost every time left without every finding anything that caught my eye. Then on a whim this weekend, I went back to this lake and immediately found this scene to paint. I must have looked at this scene every other time I've gone here, but, for whatever reason, this time it spoke to me. I loved the way the branches and tree trunks look like they are exploding out of the green center. The lack of a strong sun helped add to the quite, soft feel of the place. I guess sometimes it's worth going back for a second (or fifth) look!


No comments:

Post a Comment