Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Peaceful Spot - A New Original 8x8 Landscape Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Peaceful Spot ©
8x8 inches  Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 I first found this spot a few months ago while painting in the Texas hill country. It's a wonderful little oasis pretty much in the middle of nothing. Just a few feet up the river from these rocks is a nice little waterfall, and just down the river about 50 feet is a popular swimming hole with the local kids. I tried to paint this scene on location, but after about an hour or so of painting I scraped off what I had and took a few photographs for reference, just in case I wanted to try to revisit this in the studio. I recently re-discovered those images and thought I'd give this scene another crack. I'm much happier with this version!  

    

No comments:

Post a Comment