Friday, September 14, 2012

Reflecting on Summer - An original 8x6 landscape oil painting by George De Chiara

Reflecting on Summer
8x6 inches
Oil on canvas panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid. Opening bid just one penny!

Right down the road from our house is a wonderful little lake and park area. Since we discovered this area, it's become one of our daughter's favorite places. The lake hosts a tremendous number of ducks, geese, and grebes all of which love to eat bread practically out of your hands, if you let them. The park has a great slide and jungle gym. Because of this, when I want to go and paint there, my family usually comes along, which is fine with me. I love having them around. My wife will take them to the park while I paint and when I'm done we all get some time to play together. Well, on this day, my 3-year-old just couldn't wait for me to finish so she came over to watch and chat. She then declared that she wanted to paint. I had gotten everything I needed to be able to complete the painting back in my studio so I packed it up and gave her a canvas to paint on. What a thrill it was to watch her plunge the brush into a pile of color and then smear it across her canvas. I hope this is something we get to a lot of in the future! Anyway, here is my result for the day.


To see more of my visit my web site: http://georgedechiara.com/

Wanna receive my free newsletter? Sign up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment