Tuesday, September 18, 2012

On The Up Side - An original 6x6 landscape oil painting by George De Chiara

On The Up Side
6x6 inches
Oil on panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 It strikes me as a little funny that the first thing I want to do once my new studio is finally up and running is go out plein air painting, but I guess that's the way it goes sometimes. Or as Ron Washington might say if he was a painter, "That's the way painting go". So I packed up my painting supplies and headed out to Weatherford, where to be totally honest, I had an errand to run anyway. Once I was done with that I took a drive along some of the rural roads scouting for something to paint. It didn't take long before I ran across this wonderful hill-side dotted with trees and bushes. I just loved the abstract pattern these made on the hill and knew I had found my subject for the day. The next order of business was securing a location to paint from since the road I was on was a 2 lane, 45 MPH twisting trail without any shoulders. Luckily, just a few yards from where I had spotted this scene I found an entry way to a drilling station. Ah ha! I've used these locations before to paint from. They work out great every time because they are good open spots with either a paved entries or good crushed gravel, and almost no one every comes by these locations. Perfect for a few hours of painting.

To see more of my visit my web site: http://georgedechiara.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment