Monday, May 7, 2012

"Wine Cups and Indian Blankets" - An original 8x6 inch landscape oil painting by George De Chiara

Wine Cups and Indian Blankets
8x6 inches
Oil on canvas panel
by
George De Chiara

Available though The Dutch Art Gallery. (214-348-7350)

 We've been very lucky this year to have such wonderful wildflower blooms. First, we had bluebonnets as far as the eye could see and now indian blankets are popping up everywhere. It seems like there are thousands of them this year along with a great mix of wine cups, indian paintbrushes, and a whole bunch more whose names I still need to learn. I find it almost impossible to drive anywhere right now because every few feet I want to stop and paint the flowers while they are here. When I see them I know I need to act on it quickly before they are gone. For example, this painting was intended to be bluebonnets. I had found a very nice patch of them in Arlington's Interlochen area by Rush Creek, but didn't have time to paint them then. I went back a few days later and most of the bluebonnets had gone to seed already. Luckily, they where being replaced by these indian blankets and wine cups. I'm not sure what the little red flowers are in the foreground. This was the first time I've seen them. If you know what they are, please let me know. Thanks:)
 
 
To see more of my work visit my website- http://georgedechiara.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment