Saturday, May 12, 2012

"From Here To There" - An original 8x10 inch oil landscape painting by George De Chiara

From Here To There
8x10 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
By
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 If you've ever been to Rose Garden in the Fort Worth Botanical Garden, you may have noticed the rather large grassy area that runs along the edge of the roses. That's what I've painted here. I originally set out to paint some of the roses, and, after several failed attempts at capturing some of the blooms on my canvas, I looked up and noticed this view. I was immediately drawn to the pattern of light and dark presented in front of me and quickly set up a fresh canvas and started painting. The way the sun moves across this area the shadows change quickly, so I had to paint them in fast. Once I had the pattern of light and dark established, I was able to slow down a little and finish the painting. 

To see more of my work visit my website - http://georgedechiara.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment