Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Incoming Storm - An original landscape oil painting by George De Chiara

Incoming Storm
6x8 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara


This was painted during the Outdoor Painters Society paint out in Ennis (TX). Due to some other commitments, I was only able to go the paint out on one day. It just happen to be the one day that we had storms. Being ever the optimist, we headed out for the hour drive in cloudy weather thinking that the storm would blow out soon. Well, we got there and found a place to paint, but the clouds were still around. With nothing left to do, I set up my easel and hoped for the best. About 10 minutes after I started painting, the rain started coming down. I put up my umbrella and continued to paint, still thinking it was only matter of time before the storm blew out. After about 90 minutes of painting under the protection of my umbrella, the rain finally stopped. Well...I thought it stopped. About 30 minutes later another storm came in with lots of thunder and lighting. While I don't mind painting in the rain, as soon as I see lighting it's time to pack it up and that's just what we did. As quickly as I could I broke down my easel and packed up my gear. We got everything in the car just as the heavy rain started to come down. Of course as soon as we made the hour drive back home, the sun came out! That's just part of the adventure with painting outdoors.
 
To see more of my work visit my website- http://georgedechiara.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment