Tuesday, May 15, 2012

"Heavy Cloud Cover" - An original 6x8 inch landscape oil painting by George De Chiara

Heavy Cloud Cover
6x8 inches
Oil on canvas panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 I really enjoy painting sunsets from life. They are a challenge since sunsets visibly change quickly. In fact, it's been said that they change to the eye every 16 seconds! Try this next time you watch the sunset: Look away from it every minute, wait 30 seconds and then look at it again. It's amazing how much it changes. Now image trying to paint it. Every time I looked up from my canvas, the area I was painting looked different. When I painted this, my wife and children came with me to play in the nearby park as I painted. While I was waiting for the sun to start to set, I commented to my wife that painting sunsets is a bit like waiting to run a race. I wait around until it's time to get going and then paint as fast as I can to keep up with the changing conditions.

To see more of my work visit my website - http://georgedechiara.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment