Thursday, October 13, 2011

Lakeside View - An original oil painting by George De Chiara

Lakeside View
6x8 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.
Opening bid just one cent!


For the last few days we've had either rain or a good chance of rain, and, with that, we've had these great puffy clouds filling our skies. I have to admit, I'm a bit of a cloud junkie. I'm always checking the sky every time I go out to see what kind of clouds we have for the day. When we get ones like these, I'm just itching to grab my supplies and go out and paint them. Yesterday I was able to do just that. During the late afternoon, I went down to a little park just down the road that has a nice small pond and found this view. Since I wanted to really paint the sky, I gave it a large portion of the painting. With the severe drought we've had here in Texas, I was actually standing where water is supposed to be. You can see just how low the water line is on the shore line I included in the painting. Normally, the water comes up to the grass. With any luck, our recent rain will continue and the lake will be back to its normal level soon.

To see more of my paintings visit my web site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment