Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Howdy - An Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Howdy
6x8 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.
Opening bid just one penny!

 Last week, we were at the Fort Worth Stockyards. I couldn't help but take a few photographs of the cowboys riding around on their horses and getting ready to drive the cattle down the street. I rarely paint this type of subject matter, but it's good to stretch occasionally and push in new directions. With this in mind, I decided it was time to try to tackle the challenges presented by these two rugged figures of the cowboy and his horse. I loved the lighting in my reference image. It's very strong and cast a great shadow of the cowboy hat across his face. That and the wonderful contrast in the outfit he was wearing made this painting a joy to paint.

To see a complete step-by-step demo of how this painting came to life visit my blog here.

To see more of my paintings visit my web site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment