Friday, October 14, 2011

In the Flow - Original oil painting by George De Chiara

In the Flow
6x8 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.
Opening bid just one penny!

Painting scenes like this is one of my favorite things to do. I really enjoy the challenge of capturing the moving water and the reflections, so when I found this view at a local park, I knew this is what I'd be painting for the next few hours. I hiked down to the edge of the water to find a good angle to paint from. With all the rain we had over the last week and the cool morning causing a lot of dew on the grass, the river bank was very slick and muddy. Every time I took a step, I slid towards the water. To keep my easel from going into the water, I had to push the legs into the mud. Luckily, I also found a small board to stand on while painting so I didn't slip into the river.

To see more of my paintings visit my web site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment