Saturday, October 8, 2011

Fragile - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Fragile
9x12 inches
Oil on Linen Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

Fragile is the latest painting to roll out of the studio. I actually finished this one a few days ago, but things have been super busy here and I'm finally getting a chance to write my blog post about it now. I'm not really sure what inspired this one. I was playing around with a few different objects in my shadow box trying to come up with something that I liked when I noticed that most of the things I had grabbed were all glass. Hmm..., I thought, that might be an interesting idea. All glass! What do I have to lose? So I immediately went to work finding all the interesting glass objects in my collection of still life objects. I spent an hour or two trying a few different arrangements before focusing on and fine tuning this one. The last touch was to add a little colored water into bottle on the little plate. Then it was time to paint.
 
To see a complete step-by-step demo of how this painting came to life visit my blog here.

To see more of my paintings visit my web site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment