Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Weatherford Ranches - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Weatherford Ranches
14x11
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to purchase through paypal ($330)

 I've wanted to paint a view like this since last summer. This is from the outskirts of Weatherford, which is full of ranches and valleys with these great views. I've always thought it would be a great lesson in aerial perspective. I've gone out a few times with the intention of painting these views, but I could never find a safe place to park and paint from. The roads in this part of Weatherford are strictly 2 lanes with no shoulder or spare room to park. They are also full of hair pin turns and hills leading to lots of blind spots. Today I finally found a place that I could pull off the road and have a great view to paint. I can't belive I didn't find this spot sooner since it's literally down the road from where my wife use to live. I could have walked there from her old house. When I started this painting I thought it would be a horizontal view, but I really wanted to include a lot of the sky since we had such great clouds today. After trying a few compositions horizontally I flipped my canvas vertically and everything just seemed to fall into place.

Visit my web site and blog to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com

No comments:

Post a Comment