Thursday, March 3, 2011

Last Light - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Last Light
8x16 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to purchase though paypal ($275).

Recently, I was sick for a few days and unable to paint. While laying in bed, I had some time to look at a watercolor painting of this subject that I have hanging in the bedroom. I remember when I painted the watercolor how much I liked it, but after spending some time looking at it again, I felt I wanted to give it another try. I usually don't like to paint the same thing over again, so this time I changed the proportion of the canvas and the medium. I also wanted to get the time of day a little more accurate to my reference photo, which I took at the end of the day when there was just a little light left as the sun sunk below the horizon.

Visit my web site and blog to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com



No comments:

Post a Comment