Thursday, March 24, 2011

Rocky Shore - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Rocky Shore
6x8 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

Yesterday I found this spot at Lake Mineral Wells while exploring and returned to paint it today. The lake has several little docks scattered around for fishing, or painting in my case. Almost all of them are somewhat hidden and require a short hike to get to. This one was no exception. It's about a 10 minute hike straight down the rocky hillside. This gave me a chance to try out my new backpack straps for my easel. The straps worked great and made traveling with a french easel much easier! Luckily, no one was fishing off of this pier so I was able to set up my equipment and paint in almost totally seclusion. The dock was just further enough out that I could turn around and get a nice view of the shore line.

Visit my web site and blog to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com

No comments:

Post a Comment