Monday, February 21, 2011

Violas - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Violas
3x5 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

  I have to admit I didn't really have any idea what I was going to paint today. Normally, I have a few ideas floating around my mind of things I want to try or locations I want to go paint at, but today I was drawing a blank (no pun intended). As I was rummaging though the house for ideas, my wife suggested we take a walk to the nursery up the street to see what flowers they have. What a great idea! I have wanted to get a few planters of flowers going for awhile.  So now that the weather is warming up, today was a perfect sunny, 72 degree day to do this. We returned home with a couple of different flowers and a bunch of onion sets. After spending the morning getting every thing planted, I took one of the violas we purchased inside to the studio and did this little painting of them. I just loved the flowers growing in this container, which have complimentary blooms that make each of the flower just pop with color. With any luck, I can keep these and the other flowers we bought alive long enough to paint some more.


Visit my web site and blog to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com



No comments:

Post a Comment