Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pining For Summer - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Pining For Summer
7x5 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 It's been a little over a week since I've been able to paint and it felt really good to be back in the studio today. After looking around the kitchen at the available veggies and fruit we had on hand, I decided to go with these tomatoes. I was originally drawn to the fact they where all still on the vine. I had this idea of doing something where the vine was hanging over the edge of something with long shadows casting down from them. The problem was as soon as I started to set this up, one of them fell right off the vine and I was afraid the rest of them would do the same, so I leaned them up against the back of my still life box instead. About half way through the painting I realized I had painted something very close to this once before. One of my very first daily paintings, The Last Tomato, seems to be a close cousin to this one.  Coincidentally, it was almost a year ago that I did this. I'm just off by about 2 weeks.


To read more about this painting please visit my blog.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog

Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com


No comments:

Post a Comment