Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pair of Pears - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Pair of Pears
7x5 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
George De Chiara

If you would like to purchase this painting visit my auction here.

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I know we did. Now that it's all over I'm looking forward to getting back in the studio and paint again. With all of the craziness of the holidays, I have hardly had a chance to pick up my brushes in the last 2 weeks, so it felt really good to get a few hours of painting time today. I knew I'd be a little rusty so I tried to set up a simple, yet interesting still life to paint from. Some of the ellipses gave me problems as I worked the rust off, but over all I'm pretty happy with the results. I was fully expecting to have nothing to show for the day and that I'd have to wipe of off and start again tomorrow. These are the kind of surprises I like!

To read more about this painting please visit my blog.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog

Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com


No comments:

Post a Comment