Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Good Match - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

A Good Match
11x14 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara
$300

Contact me to purchase this painting.

 I started this painting at the end of last week, but didn't finish until today. In the original set up, I had another teacup where the glasses are, but the placement wasn't working for me. To make matter worse, the first time I painted it (yes, I painted it twice), the colors weren't right.  So I scraped that off and painted it once more with slightly better results, but still, it didn't seem right. Over the weekend, I turned it over in my mind, trying to figure out what was going wrong.  Slowly, I came to the realization that not only was the cup still not painted well, it simply didn't fit. It needed something else, something that would help lead the eye into and around the painting.  A pair of glasses, maybe? Bingo! I made the switch and wiped off that dang teacup one last time.


To read more about this painting please visit my blog.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog

Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com



No comments:

Post a Comment