Thursday, January 20, 2011

5 Till 1 - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

5 Till 1
8x16 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Contact me to purchase this painting.

I had a lot of fun setting up this still life. For one thing, it came together pretty quickly considering how many objects are in it. I was able to use meaningful objects from around the house, like the little green books in the background. These are my daughter's little books, which are classics I think we all had at one point or another - The Tale of Peter Rabbit, The Tale of Benjamin Bunny and The Tale of Tom Kitten. The dried flower arrangement is from my wife's baby shower that were made by her mother and grandmother on that day. Finally, the watch was my father's, which was a gift from my mother to him on his 21st birthday. They gave it to me a few years ago. Amazingly, it still runs to this day!

To read more about this painting please visit my blog.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog

Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com


No comments:

Post a Comment