Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Avocado - An original still life painting by George De Chiara

Avocado ©
6x8 inches   Oil on Panel
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 It's been sometime since I've posted anything on this blog, so please accept my apologies. Not to start a pity party for me, but the last few weeks have been...well, full of surprises. First off, my main computer crashed a few weeks before Christmas. After several attempts to revive it, I finally had to just let it go. Luckily, I had backed up its content to an external drive fairly regular, so only a small amount of data was lost. Then after the new year I got pneumonia and was laid up in bed for several weeks. Not a fun way to start the new year, but finally I'm feeling well enough to get back into the studio and paint.


 I've noticed on sunny days that there is a small window of opportunity where the sun shines into my studio in a most wonderful way. I've never been able to find a light that can illuminate my still life set ups in the same way the sun can. Unfortunately it doesn't last for very long, maybe 2 hours at the most and it moves quickly, but if I'm ready for it I can paint a small painting like this one under the natural sun light. I do have to move my still life once or twice to keep the lighting the same, but other than that it works like a charm.


No comments:

Post a Comment