Monday, February 10, 2014

Winter Blooms - An original floral painting by George De Chiara

Winter Blooms © 
8x6 inches   Oil on Panel
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 A couple of years ago, my wife went to a baby shower for a good friend of hers. As a thank you gift, the hostess gave everyone a small potted flower. When she brought it home we added it to our garden plants and over the years it's continued to grow. We've transplanted it into a larger pot every summer and every winter I bring it into the studio so it doesn't freeze. Last winter, I noticed the oddest thing, it actually bloomed when I brought it into the house. It kept the flowers all winter, but as soon as I put it back outside in the spring, it quickly lost all the flowers. It stayed this way all summer and fall. Again this year when the weather turned cold I brought it back into the studio and again it bloomed. Not sure why this happens. It seems backwards to me, but I'm not complaining, I love having fresh blooming flowers in the studio to paint!


No comments:

Post a Comment