Monday, November 11, 2013

Salvia - An Original 5 x 7 Landscape Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Salvia ©
5x7 inches   Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

When my wife and I first bought our house, a little over eight years ago, my mother-in-law planted a few Salvia plants by our mailbox. Over the years those couple of plants have populated themselves all over the yard. After a good rain we have bright red blooms popping up everywhere! Our daughters love to pick them "for Mommy" ever time we play outside and since we have more than I know what to do with and it's near impossible to kill them, I'm more than happy to let them pick 'em. The ones in this painting are a bunch my four-year old picked. They looked so intriguing sitting in their vase that I couldn't pass them up and had to try to paint them.


No comments:

Post a Comment