Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Gentle Flow - An Original 5 x 7 Landscape Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Gentle Flow © 
5x7 inches   Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 A few weeks ago Jill Carver, an artist whose work I truly admire, posted an image on Facebook of a recent painting she did. When asked about it she mentioned something about working for a not so exciting photograph and she was just trying to see what she could make of it. This got me thinking about some of the not-so-exciting reference photos I've taken over the years. There was something that prompted me to take the picture, but once I had a second look at it...well, what ever it was that made me snap the image was gone. So I dug out a few of these "dogs" and started to really look at them. Could I make something out of one these? It seemed like it might make a fun and rewarding exercise. After working on a small value study, I felt there was something I could work my photograph into and so I got to painting. This is what I came up with.



No comments:

Post a Comment