Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Ready...Set...Bloom - An Original 8x10 Plein Air Landscape Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Ready...Set...Bloom ©
8x10 inches   Oil
George De Chiara

SOLD.

I painted this toward the start of summer at the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens. It went straight to The Dutch Gallery in Dallas and I forgot to post it. Today I got the wonderful news that it sold, along with its "twin". Such great news to start the day with!  This was painted on a piece of masonite that I covered with Gamblin's oil painting ground. It's a little different from gesso and it makes the surface very slick.  I actually had to be pretty careful when painting on it, because if I hit the canvas with a dry brush I actually took paint OFF the canvas, which made for fun day of painting. I've done a few others on this type of support and I'm slowly getting use to it. On the next batch of boards I make, I'm going to try to get a little more texture with the ground and see if that gets rid of some of theslickness.


No comments:

Post a Comment