Thursday, August 8, 2013

Hot Dogs - An Original 8x8 Cityscape Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Hot Dogs ©
8x8 inches    Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 I felt like doing something a little different today. After looking through some of my old photo reference for inspiration, I found an old photograph of a hot dog street vendor in New York City. I love these little corner vendors and take full advantage of them every time I in the city, so why not paint one? I also change my approach a bit just to keep things interesting. Normally, I start in one area and work my way out. This time, however, I tried to keep the whole painting going at the same time by jumping from shape to shape to create interesting edges and texture. This actually help me keep things a little on the loose side of things, something that's often hard to do when working from photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment