Monday, August 26, 2013

Flight - An Original 5 x 7 Wildlife Goose Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Flight ©
5x7 inches  Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 A few days ago, I went out painting at a nearby lake. I originally went to paint the sunset, which was still a good hour off, so while I was waiting, I noticed a gaggle of geese walking along the shore line. I was struck by what I saw and quickly set up my easel to try to capture the scene before me. Well, I don't know if any of you have tried to paint wildlife from life, but they don't stay in one spot for very long. Most of what I was able to get was nothing more than color notes. In the end, I wiped off my little study and painted the setting sun instead, but that hour or so of trying to capture the geese from life gave me some valuable insights when I painted this one from a photograph. In fact, the only thing I use the photograph for was the drawing of the goose. All of the color notes came from my memory of painting them from life.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment