Saturday, February 9, 2013

Pink Beauty - An Original 6x6 Floral Still Life Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Pink Beauty © 
6x6 inches  Oil
George De Chiara

 I was just about ready to send my store-bought roses into the compost pile when I noticed that one of them still had a bit of life and color to it. It was starting to droop over a bit and I had to prop it up to get the angle I wanted for this painting, but other than that it seemed to be full of life. I really wanted to try a painting where I could concentrate of the shape of the flower and petals and this seemed like the perfect chance. Good thing I didn't wait any longer because by the next day, even this one had given up all signs of life and was starting to lose petals and wilt. I'm glad it had enough strength to stick around long enough to get this painting done! This painting is available though The Dutch Art Gallery in Dallas. Contact Pam at (214) 348-7350 for further information or to purchase it.

No comments:

Post a Comment