Sunday, February 10, 2013

For The Birds - An Original 12x16 Still Life Oil Painting by George De Chiara

For The Birds ©
12x16   Oil   $385
George De Chiara

 Lately I've been in the mood to try some larger still life paintings. While doing the smaller ones are a lot of fun and a great exercise, sometimes it's nice to stretch a little and do something a bit more involved. And that's exactly what I did. After returning home from doing a small plein air piece in the morning, I spent the rest of the afternoon gathering and arranging this still life. Like many of my still life paintings, the arrangement went through many changes, thoughts and ideas before coming together into something I wanted to paint.

To read more about this painting with step-by-step progress images please visit my blog here.






No comments:

Post a Comment