Friday, January 20, 2012

Westworth Falls - An original oil painting by George De Chiara

Westworth Falls
12x9 inches
Oil on Linen Panel
by
George De Chiara

Contact me to purchase this painting ($230).

 I did this painting a few days after Christmas, between groups of company stopping by the house for the holidays. We had a few good days of some much-needed rain, and, on the first sunny day afterwards, I headed out to one of the best kept secrets in the DFW area, The Falls at Westworth Village. This is a wonderful little area that was once owned by the Naval Air Station. This is the second time I've painted at these falls. The first time was in the fall when they had a lot less water running through them. This time, though, there was plenty of water running over them along with unseasonably warm weather made for a great day of painting.

To see more of my paintings visit my web site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment