Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hans and Franz - Commissioned dog portrait by George De Chiara

Hans and Franz
11x14 inches
Oil on Linen Panel
by
George De Chiara

Sold commissioned dog portrait.

 A few weeks before Christmas, I got a phone call from one of my very first collectors. I hadn't spoken to him in many years and had a great time catching up. Towards the end of the call, he asked if I could paint him another portrait of his latest dogs, who are two wonderful looking Saint Bernards. After a few emails following our phone call, we reach an agreement on two paintings, both of which would be Christmas presents. With time running out, I got to work painting. Now that Christmas is over I can share this image. This was one of the two paintings I did of these dogs.

 To see a step-by-step description of this painting coming to life please visit my blog here.

 To see more of my artwork visit my website http://georgedechiara.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment