Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mums and Daughters - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara



Mums and Daughters
(SOLD)
5x7 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

I really wanted to take another stab at painting the flowers that we had for our daughter's birthday party (see yesterday's post). This time, I wanted to have fewer flowers so I could give each one a bit more attention. For me, paintings like this require a lot of concentration and having fewer flowers helps. I need to remind myself to go slowly and paint what I'm seeing. Don't rush it! When I rush things, I notice I tend to have to wipe off and start again. In the great Richard Schmid's video demonstrations, he talks about how a painting should appear loose, but not necessarily painted loosely. In other words, it should be painted with purpose. I find myself thinking about this while I work and it reminds me to slow down and paint what I want my result to look like.

To read more about this painting please visit my blog.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog

Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com


No comments:

Post a Comment