Friday, October 1, 2010

Last Ranch on Ranch Road - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Last Ranch on Ranch Road (SOLD)
5x7 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

I was still in the mood to paint some sort of structure today when I went out looking for a painting spot. I didn't really have any particular location in mind when I set out, so I drove around for a while scouting out different places when I finally came across this old abandoned ranch boarded up at the end of, appropriately enough, Ranch Road. It's the last one left. The rest of the area has long been bought up and turned into some very nice, very expensive homes. Funny enough, there are still a few cows left to wander around the land, keeping most of the grounds in check except for a whole field that was in bloom with these very tiny yellow wild bushes. Because I refuse to trespass on private property, it was difficult to get a good location to paint from. I had to do this from the side of the road, looking through an opening in the brush growing along the fence line. Luckily, Ranch Road doesn't see a lot of traffic these days.

To read more about this painting please visit my blog.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog

Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com


No comments:

Post a Comment