Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Birthday Flowers - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Birthday Flowers
8x10 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

My daughter had her first birthday this weekend and we used a lot of pink and white flowers to decorate the house for her party. Actually, we had a lot of pink and white everything.  We had quite the family celebration complete with streamers, balloons, and a cake shaped like a teddy bear wearing a tutu.  Normally, my wife and I aren't into the sea of pink that seems to surround baby girls, but the color really suits her.  Also, my wife thought it would be terribly cute to put the baby in a tutu to continue the theme of the cake.  So we did and now we have a lot of roses and alstroemeria in vases, left over from the celebration. Like any practical daddy/artist, I decided that I would paint a few of them.

To read more about this painting please visit my blog.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog

Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com

If you would like to purchase this painting visit my auction here.

No comments:

Post a Comment