Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Working Lunch - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Working Lunch (SOLD)
5x7 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara


This is part of a commission I'm working on. The only requirement was that I use the two fishing lures; how they are used and in what context is up to me. This has turned out to be an exciting challenge. I spent a couple of hours thinking about how I wanted to try and set these up and then messing around with different things. I knew I wanted the lures to look like they where diving through the water and I had this idea that everything else in the painting could be things laying at the bottom of the lake, which is when the idea really came together. I liked the idea that this is a perfectly dry still life done in my studio, but it could almost be a scene found in any lake. When it came time to name this I asked my wife if she had any title ideas (truth be told a lot of the titles come from her) and she said "Working Lunch". I asked what that meant and she explained how the lures were lunch for the fish. I liked that, so Working Lunch it is.

To read more about this painting please visit my blog.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog

Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com

Contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment