Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hanging With Big Blue - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Hanging with Big Blue (SOLD)
5x7 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

This is another one for the commission I'm working on (see yesterday's post). I wanted to try to capture a brighter feel, so I placed this whole set up on a white piece of matte board. The matte board reflects light, so I could see many details in the shadows. I always find the reflective quality inspiring and I find painting the details in the shadows very enjoyable because the shadows have surprising, wonderful color when I look and then "Squint and compare", as my instructor Bill Parks use to say. Today's painting rearranges a lot of the same elements I used yesterday, like the tin and coins, but the difference the reflections and shadows makes the effect strikingly different. For the next one, I will need to gather up some supplies over the weekend, so tomorrow I'll probably paint something else, maybe....

To read more about this painting please visit my blog.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog

Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com

Contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment