Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Winter Gourd - An Original 8 x 6 Still Life Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Winter Gourd ©
6x8 inches  Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 After last Halloween, my daughter and I harvested some of the seeds from the pumpkins and gourds before putting them in the compost pile. We dried the seeds and stored them to plant this year. We got the seeds in the ground a little late and didn't have any pumpkins or gourds in time for Halloween this year, but let the plants continue to grow anyway. We did manage to get a few miniature pumpkins and gourds before the first frost killed the plants. My daughter loved going out every evening and checking their progress, so I'm sure we'll be planting these again next year. Hopefully, I'll remember to get them in the ground a little sooner. In the meantime, I'm enjoying painting the ones we got this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment