Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Fruit Bowl - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Fruit Bowl
9x12 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

We've had this bowl of fruit in the kitchen for a few weeks now. Every week or so the fruit gets changed out, as we eat what's in the bowl and refill it. I've thought about painting it off and on, but could never seem to come up with a composition that I liked. I think the problem was that I kept trying to use just the bowl with the fruit to come up with something. This time, I added in more objects to make a more complete composition. It took an hour or two  to come up with an arrangement that worked with this bowl of fruit, but in the end, I was happy, which made the painting much easier to complete.

Visit my web site and blog to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com

No comments:

Post a Comment