Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Across the Shore, Lake Marble Falls - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Across the Shore, Lake Marble Falls
5x7 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

SOLD.

 Last weekend, I participated in the 6th Annual Paint the Town plein air festival in Marble Falls where I managed to get three paintings done over two days. This one is the smallest painting I did at 5x7 inches. I woke up early on Saturday morning, anxious to get started. Initially, I set out to paint a different location, but at that time in the morning the light wasn't very good so I decided to head down to the river. As soon as I saw this scene, I was really happy I made that decision. The early morning light hitting the tree on the edge of the bank drew me in immediately and the water was very calm and reflective. I quickly set up my easel and got painting, capturing as much of the light as possible. In what felt like a blink of an eye, a few hours had passed and this painting was done. Satisfied, I headed off for a hearty breakfast at the Bluebonnet cafe and my next location to paint.  On Sunday, I was delighted to find out that this painting sold during the auction Saturday night. I only wish I had a better photograph of it. This one seems to show the texture of the canvas a lot more than in real life.

Visit my web site and blog to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com

No comments:

Post a Comment